Discover Borneo is a specialist travel agency dealing with travel within Malaysian Borneo.
We felt that the multitude of cultural and adventurous experiences that are on offer in this exciting region should be accessible and planned easily through one travel service.
Ranging from cruises aboard a traditional yacht to treks on foot up Mount Kinabalu. Whatever your needs we can cater for them to ensure that your adventure in Borneo is unforgettable.
How we work
Once an initial enquiry has been made, we will discuss your travel plans and holiday ideas with you and make recommendations as appropriate. An itinerary is then suggested or evolved until such time that we are in a position to provide a quotation for your requirements.
Our staff has an extensive knowledge of Sabah and Sarawak. We can give first-hand information on any particular destination or tour, the best things to do and see and anything to watch out for. We work closely with operators and guides who collectively have a wide and impressive knowledge of local cultures, rainforest, sea and wildlife.
Discover Borneo is owned by Borneo Tall Ships Sdn. Bhd. a Malaysian private limited company, incorporated in 2005, and licensed by:
Under the Ministry of Tourism license, travel agents are subject to close monitoring, and yearly review including financial examination. Under MATTA strict guidelines are in place to ensure high levels of professionalism and a shared concern for quality and personal service.
When you book with us we give you a Booking Contract. The Booking Contract is the most important document you need when you are booking any holiday, anywhere and with any operator. It establishes your rights under the rule of law. When you book a holiday with Discover Borneo you are protected under Malaysian law (which closely follows British law).
In addition, we are proud to say our company policy is only to engage in ethical business practices. We want our clients to be more than satisfied with our impartial advice, expertise, and services, so that at the end of the day they go home happy and recommend us to their friends.
Terms & Conditions
1. All quotes will only be processed for reservation following a written request by client (either email, facsimile or mail)
2. Prices do not include travel insurance coverage (unless otherwise stated) and as such you are recommended to purchase your own travel insurance
3. Each tour member must have an international passport or other recognized travel document which should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return. They will also be responsible for obtaining any necessary visa or health requirements.
4. Confirmation of services by Borneo Tall Ships is subject to the availability of the services requested for at point of confirmation by client
5. Upon confirmation of these services, the client will receive an invoice reflecting the total amount due and indicating deposit amount due (in bookings more than 45 days from date of commencement)
6. Payment shall be made no later than 7 working days from issuance of invoice or as indicated dates on the invoice
7. Non receipt of payment may result in cancellation of reservations
8. Remittance Charges shall be borne by the client at point of payment
1. BTS reserves the right to amend and adjust the reservation in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances that may affect the original reservation. The company shall recommend alternative tours preferably to the same destination or other tours. Should any passenger decide not to accept the alternative tour, all monies paid less the administrative fee chargeable shall be refunded to the client.
2. In the event of force majeure events (including without limitation political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, floods, adverse weather conditions or similar events beyond BTS's control) no refund shall be made.
3. BTS shall not be responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to changes in the reservation caused by reasons and events beyond our control and as stated in clause 2 as above.
4. The respective airline's cancellation policy apply in addition to the cancellation charges as listed below. (Note: The airline ticket is restricted and subject to the Airline's Terms & Conditions. It may be non-endorsable, non-reissuable, non-refundable and non-reroutable. Any alteration in routing or change of date of travel by any passenger is solely at his own risk. The company or its associated agents shall not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused and extra expenses incurred. However, any refund made by an airline for a cancellation made 2 working days or less before the day of travel for non-promotional fares shall be paid by the tour member less any administrative charges incurred by the tour company)
5. Notice of cancellation and/or changes must be made in writing to BTS.
6. Cancellation Charges:
14 days or less prior to commencement : No refund or 100% of total charges
15 -21 days or more prior to commencement : 75% of total charges
22 -30 days or more prior to commencement : 50% of total charges
7. No refund shall be made for cancellations to parts of total package upon commencement on services